Friday 9 December 2011

My Change Bag

I've never been a designer handbag kind of girl. I do however appreciate the virtues of a good bag. I tend to keep a bag and use it for at least 6 months and then switch it seasonally. Someone however informed me that, once le bebe arrives, your handbag gets relegated in favour of your change bag. Because you wouldn't want to carry both would you? Well to be honest, I'd not realised that!

So I put a lot of thought into the change bag I wanted and did hours and hours of research. I traipsed round shop after shop both on the high street and online. Then I had a client come to mine and I loved her bag and copied it! Simple as that.

The design of the bag is a little 'out there'. I really fancied something different. Which I think this definitely is. My pram is mainly black and dark grey so it wasn't hard to find something that matched or coordinated.



The Anorak Kissing Stag Change Bag is the only style they do, do check out the other items they have as well as the other designs other than the stags.

It's quite a big bag but that's good. The sheer volume of necessaties that are needed on a daily basis astounds me every time I leave my house.

I carry with me-
  • Nappies, at least 5 depending on length of time away from home
  • Wet Wipes (Huggies Pure)
  • Nappy Bags
  • Spare Outfit X 2 (this was increased from 1 after a particularly explosive afternoon)
  • Sudocrem
  • Mini Dettol Spray
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Vaseline Lip Balm X 2 (Aloe Vera for me, original for Evie)
  • Breast Pads
  • Cereal Bars of at least 2 different varieties. (This is because I was told that breastfeeding takes up lots of calories and energy and now I'm petrified of starving to death...)
  • 1/2 cartons formula, just in case my boobs break
  • 1/2 Dr Browns bottles (see above)
  • Medela Swing Electric Pump (if I'm staying away from home).
The change mat is reasonably large and double sided. My logic tells me to use the shinier side due to it being wipe clean. Whether that's right or wrong I do not know.

There are 2 end pockets. One holds a small bottle, the other holds my iphone. The internal pockets hold all the little bottles and tubs. The zipped compartment holds my Red Book if I'm seeing the HV or doctor.

My wallet also gets shoved in along with sunglasses. What has been pushed to the wayside is my make-up bag. I no longer have the time or desire to touch up my lipstick after lunch. A total about turn for me. A sure sign that my daughter totally over-rules my needs with her own. And I'm so happy that she does.

Katy x

No comments:

Post a Comment